Photo Forums - Bob Atkins Photography
Photo Forums - Bob Atkins Photography > Comments and Feedback > Lensplay Gallery 11-29-2015 07:38PM

Forums Navigation
 •  Forums Home Page
 •  Comments and Feedback
 •  Canon EOS Questions
 •  Technical Optics
 •  Digital Darkroom
 Site Navigation
 •  Home Page
 •  Digital
 •  Reviews
 •  Optics
 •  Articles

•  Books
 •  Canon News
 •  Photo News
 •  Gallery

Sponsored Links

IMPORTANT: These forums are now closed but are available in "READ ONLY" mode in order to preserve the information contained in them. The forum search function works so you can search the existing posts.

New forums are avaliable here: Photo Forums . These forums were closed for security reasons since they were hacked and the code running them is no longer supported. The new forums are database backed, faster, have more features and are much more secure.

You do not have new topic access  You do not have reply access
Bob Atkins
Moderator and Administrator

Lensplay Gallery

I've created this thread so that viewers of the new Lensplay Gallery can post feedback.

11-15-2007 12:10AM

Bob, how about changing the photos you [us] have posted. I find as I learn more and expand/improve my approach and understanding, my view of my photos changes.

Maybe you can allow the original poster to change the photos, either at their pleasure or at an interval, say 30 or 60 days. They wouldn't have to make changes, they would just have the chance to do so.

I am assuming you could identify the poster and allow an edit where an old photo could be replaced.

Anyhow, my thoughts on the gallery in general.

The photos posted so far are very interesting. Is there a way to have the site identify those we have already viewed? Somewhat like the red star that Adobe uses in the forum when you have messages that are new to you.

I know this is probably lots of work and will surely understand if you demure.

11-17-2007 09:35AM
Bob Atkins
Moderator and Administrator

I'm tweaking the code a bit, but mostly to try to make it harder to make mistakes with data entry and more secure so users can't accidentally do things I don't want them to do (and they don't mean to do)!

Users can let me know if they want to change their images and I can arrange to do that. Obviously the problem is authentication (are people who they say they are), but I'm not going to worry about that for a while. Registration with authentication is a whole new level of difficulty. Right now I'm handling security by not allowing anyone but me do the final write of data to the database. As long as traffic is light, it's not a problem to do that, though it does mean that uploads have to wait up to a day until I get around to checking the submission queue.

11-17-2007 09:08PM
 You do not have new topic access  You do not have reply access
Page: 1

Sponsored Links

Recent Reviews:
  • Tamron 18-250 Review
  • Tokina 12-24/4 Review
  • EOS 30D - Full Review
  • Canon EF 17-85/4-5.6 IS
  • Canon EF 10-22/3.5-4.5
  • Canon EF 70-300/4-5.6 IS
  • Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT