I received my 7D Mark II this week and had time today to set it up today. I’m planning to shoot with it tomorrow.
There are a series of 7D videos by Rudy Winston, Canon Digital Learning Center Technical Adviser, at
The video topics are as follows:
• Taking advantage of the Broad AF Coverage in the EOS 7D Mark II
• Utilize the intelligent viewfinder functions
• Controlling AI Servo AF to track your moving subjects
• Using the new Full HD video features in real life situations
• Controlling the look of your images with exposure control functions
• Fine tuning custom controls
Rudy’s video’s bring the 7D Mark II capabilities to life!!
IMHO the capabilities/technical advances in this camera are pretty incredible, especially at its price.
The JPEG and raw images shared by many professionals on the internet have been impressive.
From all of this information it seems to me that the 7D Mark II is a real game changer.
My plan is to use it in Bird Photography and as a backup for my 5D Mark III.