This section of the website contains a number
of editorial articles, guides, primers, essays and FAQs on various aspects of photography,
from nature work to how to shop online.
- • Online Photo printing
- Why print at home when you can get someone to do it for you online - and it's cheaper too!
- • Building a Photography Website
- The basics. Choosing an obtaining a domain name. Getting a webhost. Designing a site.
- • Telecoverters - how well do they work?
- Tests of Canon and Tamron teleconverters with several zoom and prime lenses.
- • Mirror lenses - how good are they?
- Comparision of a Tamron 500/8 mirror lens with a Canon EF 500/4.5L USM. You may be
surprised at the results!
- • Image Stabilized Lenses
- Does Image Stabilization really work?
- • Filters for Digital Photography
- Which filters do you need for digital work?
- • Digital Sensor Cleaning - I
- How to remove dust from the sensor in your digital SLR - the wet method
- • Digital Sensor Cleaning - II
- How to remove dust from the sensor in your digital SLR - the dry method
- • Lens and Filter Cleaning
- How to safely clean lenses and filters
- • Fireworks Photography
- Some tips for successful Fireworks Photography
- • Avoiding Photo Scams
- How not to get fooled by bogus advertising
- • Mirror Lockup - MLU
- What is Mirror Lock Up and when do you need it? How does it work?
- • Brand Wars - choosing a system
- Does Nikon or Canon rule? Does it matter?
- • Nature photography primer
- Brief guide for the Nature Photography beginner.
- • Beginner's Guide to equipment purchasing
- What you should buy [note: written back in the days when we were all using film...]
- • Equipment Addiction
- Don't get too hung up on what you're shooting with.
- • A Photography FAQ
- Some frequently asked questions about photographic equipment
- • A problems buying used equipment
- Things to look out for when buying used gear.
- • Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware
- The traps, scams and deceptive practices of the photo retail business - and how to avoid